How Do I Wall Mount an LCD LED or Plasma TV?
To visit our Ebay Store, please CLICK HERE
Mounting an LCD, Plasma or LED TV onto a wall is a relatively straight-forward process, anyone with basic DIY skills and the correct tools can do it. Most TV wall brackets are effectively them same, there is a wall plate to fix to the wall and a plate to fix to the TV. The TV is then lifted with the plate fitted and hooked onto the wall plate. On some wall mounts there may be an additional process to prevent the TV from being lifted off again.
Although this procedure will vary depending on the bracket design, it will give you basic explanation of the general process.
- Using a spirit level offer the wall-plate to the wall ensuring it is perfectly horizontal, once level; mark the screw-holes with a pencil. You can’t fix too many wall screws or bolts into the wall. For most TVs 4 or 6 screws/bolts will be sufficient, but the more the merrier.
- Check the location of where the drill holes are marked for electrical cables and water/gas pipes. It’s a good idea to know where the fuse-box, water and gas shut-off taps are, before you start drilling! Pipe, stud-work and cable detectors are widely available at most good DIY stores.
- On the back-plate of the TV, locate the 4 or 6 wall mounting threaded screw-holes, on smaller TVs, they can be 75 x 75mm, in extreme cases on some larger TVs they can be as wide as 800mm apart. With the TV disconnected from the mains electrical supply, lay the mounting plate(s) on the back-plate of the TV, taking note of the hook device, ensure it (they) is (are) the right way up as these need to hook onto the wall plate.
- Using a plastic or wooden tooth-pick gauge the depth of the wall-mounting screw threads. From the pack of screws supplied by the bracket manufacturer, select the correct thread diameter and the correct thread depth. You may need to use washer or other spacers if the screws supplied are too long. Using the selected screws, attach the plate or mounting strips to the back of the TV.
- IF YOUR TV DOES NOT HAVE 4 OR 6 MOUNTINGS SCREW-HOLES ON its BACK-PLATE THEN YOU CAN NOT USE A STANDARD BRACKET, YOU MAY NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO MOUNT THE TV ONTO A WALL.
- Once the plate or strips are attached to the TV, simply lift the TV and hook-it onto the wall plate. Before letting-go of the TV, ensure that the hooks are fully located onto the wall plate and that the weight is being fully supported.
- On many TV brackets there will be a securing rod, screws or bars to prevent the TV from being lifted from the wall plate.
This guide has been produced to give you a general indication of the process of hanging a TV onto a wall mount; it is not a fully-inclusive instruction sheet for all TV wall mounts. Please study the mount manufacturer’s instruction sheet carefully, before proceeding with the installation process.
For more information, please call 0845 835 0266 or CLICK HERE